Saturday, December 31, 2011

Stitching away madly on Step 4 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.
I'm just a little behind!

Step 2, 3 1/2 " string blocks, I still have to take the paper off and trim to size.
Skipping Step #3 for the moment, on to Step #4.
5 1/2 " Red string blocks.  Happy to say I'm 2/3 finished stitching these.  I'm prefering not to think about the de-papering and trimming at the moment!
I don't keep strings, so I cut strips from my red fabric bin.  I've made several mystery quilts with Bonnie that need large amounts of reds, so I'm very happy to say that I'm almost to the end of a tub of fabric that has been around since the early 90's!  LOL.
I really enjoyed looking at the selvedges, some early Judie Rothermel and Jinny Beyer.
Happily waiting together for trimming and de-papering.  And then on to Step #3 which involves more cutting of some (so as not to frighten myself- it's actually about 400 I think) black and neutral triangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment