Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Great Day ....

was had today.
I had the pleasure of a stitching day with Annette ,Jean, and Rosie.We all attended Urban Stitches with Leanne Beasley, Melanie Hurlston, and Rosalie Quinlan.
The day was spent at the Novatel in Glen Waverley, they excelled themselves, let me tell you!  The room was spacious and well lit (if a little warm at times), the food was fantastic- plenty of it and good variety catering to all needs and tastes.
Our projects for the day.
Our goodie bag contained many treasures- a charm pack, some fat quarters, and all three projects fully kitted and ready to start.  Nothing to buy.  (Well, theoretically anyway!)
I decided to start with Leanne Beasley's project.
Some easy stitching, and a little applique to start the day.


I have these 3 lovely projects to carry on with.  Two Eastern European style stitched Baltimore blocks, and a lovely stitch wallet to hold sewing needs.









Oh lovely lunch.....

All ready to start the day , and some luscious Cosmo Threads.
Ahhhh, what a day.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had just way too much fun. Your projects are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great day too...looking forward to next year already...worth going there just for the lunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a busy girl! I'm impressed with all the stitching you accomplished. It's lovely, especially the Kachina dolls. The foods look heavenly, and that Cosmo! Oh, I'm so glad you have some of that thread. I think I have about 30 colors now, and I love stitching with it. Enjoy your treats!

    ReplyDelete