Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mother's Day comes early...

I'm so lucky.
Recently, I was looking around the internet- as you do- and I came across a store of elderly quilts.
Normally I can look and not touch, but this time I saw one that I loved.  I've never bought antique textiles before, so with more than a little trepidation,  I purchased a quilt for myself.


Oh, just look at that pink!  Gorgeous double pinks and browns, not to mention the shirtings.  It measures approx. 88" by 74", has never been washed and is in very good condition for its age.

Add caption


I love the stripes in this block.


Just look at that green.  I'm sure I've seen a reproduction of this print in the last couple of years.


In the borders, the quilting follows pencil lines that are still visible!


Up close and personal with the back.  A gorgeous purple-ish brown, and look at the thread beginnings!
So, forget the cold toast and lukewarm tea this year family- just wrap me in my quilt. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment