I've been following Lori at Humble Quilts for quite some time. Recently, she had a quilt-along to reproduce a full size antique quilt in miniature. A lovely little doll sized version.
I collected the weekly parts and thought "one day".
Well, last week was that one day. I set out to buy some nice plain red, I seem to have very little in the way of solids in my stash. Must change that.
I spent a couple of hours choosing and cutting fabrics ready for a sewing spree.
All those lovely little 1 1/2" squares, and tiny little rectangles. At this point, I realised that I'd misread the instructions, and didn't need the red rectangles! I very nearly just threw the lot into the bin. Oh dear, a good cup of tea and a fair bit of time feeling very stupid.
Anyway, onwards with the little squares. So cute sewn into little 9-patches.
The pieces came together beautifully, I was really liking the way this little quilt was coming together.
When I went to cut the borders, I had to purchase additional red fabric. Not enough left from all the miscutting! I managed to get another piece of red that was a very close match to the little squares. Of course the shop had sold out of "my" red.
Finally, borders on and awaiting layering and basteing. A very sweet 22" x 22 1/2".
So cute. Well worth the effort of finishing this little beauty. To think it very nearly wasn't!