Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And two more.

Onwards with the hexagon construction.  Since the weekend I've finished 2 more complete diamond shapes, so that's 9 out of 12 needed to complete the centre.  It feels so good to be getting these finished.  This quilt is on my list of 10 finishes in 2010 that's on my sidebar, being run by Linda at Flourishing Palms
 

Whilst away at Summer School in Wodonga  at Patchwork on Stonleigh I inadvertantly cut my fabric wrongly for the second (applique) quilt.  Christine at the shop went out of her way to check if they could get another bolt of the fabric in for me, and today I received my  fabric in the mail.  I was so happy to see that piece of fabric, once the hexagon quilt is  finished I can move straight on to the applique quilt.  Nothing to show for that except some bias strips I made that are on a previous post.
Back to the hexagons, how many can I baste before I go to work this afternoon?  LOL.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the effect of the fussy cutting - mmm, the burgundy and pink fabrics look awfully familiar, what good taste you have *LOL*. Yay for Christine being able to find you some more of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to say "Hi!".

    Your hexagons are looking impressive - I've not been bold enough to try!

    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hexies are darling! That aqua sashing is perfect for setting them off. And oh yes, aren't they addictive? Looks like you've got it bad...good!

    ReplyDelete