Thursday, October 31, 2013

Still sewing hexagons.

I'm over half way with my hexagon lozenge shapes for the border of Netherfield.  Twenty eight down twenty four to go.

I'm using up some of my favourite little bits of fabric that have been in a tub for years.  Son't think it's possible to fit another hexie shape on here!


I'm not so accurate with my 1/4" seam allowances when paper piecing.  As long as I get at least 1/8" around the edges I'm happy.

Cute little star back!

This fussy cutting seemed like a good idea at the start, but I had to re-do so many of these as I'd cut them out wrong.  I'm in awe of those that fussy cut most of their patches, don't know how they do it.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't attempted fussy cuts yet either - kinda scary to even think about it. I'm lazy and cut squares to wrap around my paper pieces - easier to trim them afterwards if necessary. Your projects is looking so nice! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've definitely got the hexie disease! I think your fussy cut ones align beautifully. You're too hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete