Thursday, June 7, 2012

A FINISH!!!!!

WooHoooooo, I'm feeling especially good about now!!!!
I finished the first part of my new Block of the Month- "Robin's Nest",  before I've received the next part of the pattern.
This has NEVER happened to me before.
I have the biggest smile.


I'm hanging this little treasure on my design wall for a few days now.  Nothing more to do.

On to some more stitching on my other Block of the Month -" The Marriage Quilt", reproduced from an 18th century quilt thought to be African American.  I love sewing on reproduction quilts.  I especially love the ones that are really faithful to the original.  This quilt is very close to the original quilt.






I've just glued the yellow and blue parts on.  Oh, and the red circles, too.
I'm not near so virtuous with this quilt as "Robin's Nest".  This is the second block I'm working on.  I have the first three blocks, and the forth isn't that far away.  Oh well, more stitching time needed!  Thank goodness for big pieces!
Now if I could just stop reading books I'd be much further along.





2 comments:

  1. Yay for your Robin's Nest quilt! It's just adorable. I think it would also look fabulous in bright, modern prints. What a neat design. Do tell... what book are you reading that's keeping you from sewing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Shaking head in amazement at such a mighty effort in beating the post...and it is gorgeous...I'd be hanging it up to admire too...fabulous eye candy just as it is...well done...

    ReplyDelete