Monday, June 11, 2012

Looking like Little Women around here...

My sewing room is looking a lot like the living room from Little Women at the moment.  Remember the scene- the mother has gone to Washington to be with her husband and the girls must finish getting the donated clothes sorted out ready for donation to the soldiers of the Civil War.  In other words- I've got stuff EVERYWHERE!
It's one of those times- I've emptied out tubs of fabrics and am sorting through before I decide what to donate and what to keep.
In the sorting I found this:


Oh my, 1998.  Cotton has great keeping qualities doesn't it?
I also found a piece of fabric from my first little quilt.  That would have been late 80's.  The colours are very "what was I thinking?".
I'm so glad we have such wonderful fabrics available now.
I've been stitching more on the second block of my Wedding Quilt and have nearly finished the pieces that I glued on.


It doesn't look much different  to the last picture, but it is!


And to round off, I received some lovely fabrics during the week from Carolyn Konig in Wodonga.  I received her fabric club fabrics and a lovely newsletter, so, after looking at colour pics online I found that these pieces just needed to come to me!






2 comments:

  1. What a great effort you're making to get your stash in order. I'm afraid that's what I'll be doing when we move into our new house, since I didn't do that before we packed. All my previously stored-in-bins fabrics are now loose in garbage bags! Ack! I dread the sorting out process! Wouldn't it be fun to do that for each other instead of for ourselves? 1998 fabric is pretty old, but I'm almost certain I can find some older years in my stash. I'll be watching for them and will take pictures. Sure enjoy seeing what you've come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to hand sew around the glued on pieces or zig zag. That must have been a clean out , luck finding an old piece , do you still have the 1989 quilt ?

    ReplyDelete