Friday, January 27, 2012

Well, back from a great week away sewing to my heart's content.
As expected, a lot of talking, eating, drinking, talking, eating, sewing happened.  I'm now set up with 3 new projects to keep me occupied for the next 12 months.
 Rather than do a little of my 3 chosen projects over the 5 days, I spent a lot of time on preparation of just 1.
I find the prep side can be very tedious, so I chose fabrics, cut hexagons and basted to my hearts content.  All whilst listening to fabulous conversations and talking to friends.
I actually stitched these hexagon flowers on the first day of this project.  These will go around a central feature piece of fabric.

The individual hexagons are 1".  Felt rather large, as I've been sewing 1/2" and 3/4" lately.  The fabrics are from the lovely Pom Pom de Paris by French General.
A lot of basic preparation happened.
The quilt will finish about 70"square, I prepped nearly all the hexagons for the whole quilt.  Now for the stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment