Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hand sewing for 1 hour per day is certainly working for me.
Not always in 1 block, often in 2 or 3 bites, but the minutes do add up.



This will be the centre block of a new medallion I started last weekend.   Katrina Hadjimichael taught her lovely quilt- "Netherfield" at Carolyn's Quilting Room in Wodonga. Whilst I'm not new to English paper piecing, I am new to fussy cutting.  I'm pretty pleased with the results so far, now to graduate to something a little more effective than just centreing a motif on each piece!
I've also started some machine sewing.  My first Grandmother's Choice block.


I've decided to join in on Barbara Brackman's new sew along- "Grandmother's Choice"
Each week for 49 weeks a new 8" block will appear.  The theme this year is Women's Rights and the Suffrage movement of the early 20th Century.

2 comments:

  1. Love your center medallion! You do such beautiful hand applique. Dare I ask... whatever became of your Friendship Medallion quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...your centre is beautiful...lucky you getting to play at Karina's class...have fun with Grandmother's Choice...

    ReplyDelete