Friday, July 13, 2012

I'm still working away industriously at my Robin's Nest Block of the Month. 
The next part hasn't arrived yet, so I'm still ahead.  I just need to applique a border around the centre block and I'm done.   The border is fussy cut from this fabric- "Civil War Journals" by Judie Rothermel.


Two and a bit sides basted, only one and a bit to go!


I was going to just cut and sew these borders, but I decided that the shapes were a bit tricky so I'd baste them first.  Oh my, such fiddly work.  My poor fingers have never been so pricked.  The edge I've left to turn under isn't quite 1/4".  It better look good when I applique it down!

2 comments:

  1. Oh swoon, that fabric is simply gorgeous...I'm sure it will look better than good when you are done...love the idea of fussy cutting the shapes for a border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete