Thursday, July 12, 2012

I love getting parcels in the post.
This last week I received some wonderful things that were not fabric!


The unwrapping was almost as much fun as finding what was inside.


I really love well made scissors.
These little beauties came all the way from Silent Stitches in Massachusetts.  I've never seen such attention to detail in packaging things.  I had to fight off youngest DD who thought it was her job to open the little parcels.  Along with the Gingher scissors, I ordered  a matching tassel/ scissor dingle dangle with a little daisy charm on it to match the scissors.  Too cute.
The little bronze coloured scissors have become my new sewing scissors.  Fantastic fine points that cut right to the end.

My next little present came from Country Stitches in Iowa.  So far away, so easy to buy online and have things sent in the post.
A couple of lovely little scissor keeps, and one larger pendant. 


Looking online, I found it hard to believe that these were actually stitched little pieces of fabric.  They really looked like  scanned pictures.  However, once they arrived.....
Just look at these from the back, tiny little paper pieced blocks.  I'm still gasping at the mere thought of piecing these.
So, I guess my birthday came a little early this year!

1 comment:

  1. That packaging is fabulous...my first reaction to the post was oooh Kerry's has been in a swap!...that foundation piecing is amazing...a lovely parcel of treasures...

    ReplyDelete