Saturday, October 22, 2011

I just love Quilting.  What's not to love about an activity that allows you to spend several hours with great friends, whilst creating.  It just fills my spirit.
Friday night was spent sewing at my regular 6pm 'til midnight group.  Held about 90 minutes away, we get together about once every 6 weeks.
This month also coincided with Friday Night Sew In hosted by Bobbi.
So, much stitching ensued, helped along by lots of talking and a little eating.
I added top and bottom borders(no sides this time), to the Medallion quilt that I've been sewing.  Only a couple of borders left to sew and it'll be finished.   I don't think I've sewn a quilt this quickly before (which really isn't that quickly !).  I'm  enjoying this pattern, and the no-buy rule that comes with it.
A great way to spend a Friday night.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you, Kerry! I'm so happy for you to spend time with friends, AND get to work on FM. It's looking wonderful, and it's getting big, isn't it!? Lovely. I spent hours cutting fabs for the zig-zag round. Cutting would go much more quickly though if I was just cutting FM pieces. But as my hands touch an old fab, besides the zig-zag rectangles, I'm also cutting strips, "loaves" and 1-1/2" squares for a leaders/enders quilt. It takes a bit to completely cut up a fab so it doesn't return to a bin. But oh! Won't I be able to sew quilts and quilts after all this?! At least that's what I keep telling myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous quilt top! And how fun that your regular sewing bee coincided with the virtual one of FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt looks great! Can't wait to see it finished! Sounds like you had a great time while working on it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking go-od...my goodness gracious you are powering along with this one...I missed being at 6-12...very sad face :(...

    ReplyDelete