Well, I've been very busy lately moving on with my Princess Feather quilt. I've decided to start a border, having completed the first of four blocks.
I spent ages during the week tracing out my leaf and bird shapes. I like to use freezer paper to make my applique shapes, then trace around them with a fine pencil, take the freezer paper off and stitch away. I've recently been converted to using glue to stick down my pieces onto the background. After years of being stuck with pins, I'm now free to hold the fabric however I like.
Got out the background and shapes yesterday to start sewing them down, only to realise that I hadn't quite finished stitching down the vines. Luckily, last night I was meeting up with the ladies from my sewing group so finished stitching down the vines in very pleasant company.
Today, I'm ready to start stitching on the shapes. I think the border will come together really quickly- well hoping it will really!
DD's are out all day, it's raining here, so perfect day for sewing for a few hours. Housework can wait until tomorrow.