A couple of months ago, I was perusing The Quilted Crow girls website. Much to my enjoyment, they were offering a new BOM based on an antique quilt they'd purchased.
This quilt is quite "folk-arty", very chunky, and I found quite endearing to me. I signed up with a little trepidation- this quilt is over 100" square, but I do like large quilts. And I do love applique, so both boxes ticked.
Yesterday, I decided was time to cut into the background fabric. I've never felt such trepidation at cutting fabric in my life!
Firstly, the borders-125" along the selvage of the fabric. Gosh, that was a scary cutting exersize. Terrified I'd slip!
Thankfully, four borders cut and a tiny bit of left over.