Thursday, April 5, 2012

Well, we've been away on a small break before Easter.  It's school holidays here for 2 weeks and the weather is lovely, so taking advantage of that we escaped to the country for a while.
Sewing was top of my agenda whilst away.  I spent a good portion of my day stitching the next round of hexagon flowers to my Summer School Quilt.





The size is growing quite quickly as each hexagon is 1" on the straight edge.  The little red trails take a lot of time, but  I do like the way they look .
Only one more border of these hexagon flowers, then a little "squaring up" to make the quilt square, some large borders, and it's finished.  Sounds easy doesn't it?  LOL.

Before we left, I was advised that my youngest DD's "most favouritest teacher EVER" was leaving the school.   With 2 days before end of term, and work each of those days- I was really scratching my head.  What was a good present? 
Luckily,  we'd made a pencil case during the school holidays, and I knew that DD was able to make another by herself up to insertion of the zip.


Amazingly, the zip went in very easily at 10.30 at night (after I came home from work) and DD embroidered the teacher's name on the pencil case.  I was very pleased with her first try at backstitch, and in Japanese to boot!


By all accounts, the teacher was very happy, so was my DD.

What does the eldest DD do on our holiday when she'd received her Learner's Permit just a week before?


Why, practice driving of course.  DH came back a little greyer each time.  Thank goodness for private country roads.  On to some serious professional lessons now I think, before I let her loose in the car with me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, isn't your Summer School Quilt looking wonderful!? I truly love it! One of these days, I am going to start a hexie project... I'm glad you could have a holiday. Everyone needs those now and again, especially if you're returning home to a new teenaged driver! Yikes! I remember those days. DD's zip bag with the embroidery is very well done. You must get her to help you with some UFOs!

    ReplyDelete